Half-Day “Raptor Handler”
After meeting “Team Feathers”, guests will gain notable insights on where their wild counterparts live, how they flourish, and a brief summary on the historical background of Falconry.
Participants will then go on to master the Falconer’s Knot, enjoy a session of “manning”, and – perhaps – even experience scrubbing a Red Tail hawk’s feet, (and learn why we do it).
While its true you won’t be an expert by the end of your visit, you’ll definitely have gained an appreciation for what we mean by ‘building the relationship’ before wrapping up your experience with a following-on experience with ‘Mohave’.
This is a thoughtful gift for the animal-loving teen, raptor-enthusiast, or devoted “birder” in your family.
As this session runs from 3½ to 4 hours in duration, we encourage you to wear comfortable walking shoes (hikers, cross-trainers), and dress for practical ease-of-movement .
Course Price: $120.00 – Contact Us to Book
- Every effort is made to ensure the interactions between “Team Feathers” and our guests are safe. This said, birds-of-prey are not pets, and thus must be approached with respect.
- The minimum age for participation in our course offerings is 12yrs, with parent accompaniment to age 14.
- “Team Feathers” visit their friend, Dr. Chris Collis DVM, for yearly physical assessments, and to be certified healthy and disease-free. This is incredibly important to us as our feathered-companions are involved in work which routinely puts them up-close-and-personal with professional performers, and the public.
- All course fees must be paid in full prior to attendance. As we limit the number of participants in our programs to enable the best possible ratio of student-to-mentor interaction, we often have wait lists of individuals hoping to join us last-minute. In consideration of others, we ask for your understanding and respect for this requirement.
- A non-refundable admin-fee of $75 will be levied for no-shows, and cancellations.